|
|
HdImage

Our Promise

Creating opportunities, changing lives

The Alice Smith School Foundation launched on 1st November 2018 is established to support the philanthropic work of the school and further enhance our commitment to education in Malaysia. The Foundation establishes a new avenue for parents, alumni, staff, corporate organisations and friends to contribute to the school, expanding our reach, scope and work to a wider local community in transformational ways.

The primary aim of the Alice Smith School Foundation is to raise awareness and financial support from the community for enhancements in these five areas:

• Scholarships and Bursaries
  • Community
  • Special Educational Projects
  • Buildings and Facilities
  • Endowment

Be our partner, email us at foundation@alice-smith.edu.my or click on the links below for more info:

Case for Support

Constitution of The Alice Smith School Foundation

In the News - The Star, 16th November 2018

Our Foundation Board

The Foundation is headed by a reputable Board, operating to the highest standards of governance, ethics and accountability under the stewardship of the Council of Governors of the school. The Board comprises of the following members:

Y.A. Bhg. Tun Zaki bin Tun Azmi - Chair of the Foundation Board
Tun Zaki is a Malaysian barrister and lawyer who served as the sixth Chief Justice of Malaysia. He was appointed by the King on 21st October 2008. He was previously a practicing lawyer and was directly appointed as a Federal Court judge on 5th September 2007, a first in Malaysian judicial history. Tun Zaki is the son of former Lord President of the Federal Court Mohamed Azmi Mohamed. He was appointed as President of the Court of Appeal in December 2007. Tun Zaki is now the Chief Justice of Dubai International Financial Centre Courts, a position he was  appointed  to on 14th November 2018.

Y.A.M. Tengku Datin Paduka Setia Zatashah Binti Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah - Foundation Board Member
Y.A.M. Tengku Zatashah is a former Alice Smith student, attending the Jalan Bellamy Primary Campus from 1978 to 1983. She left to attend a boarding school in the UK at the age of 10. She is a Royal Patron to Make-A-Wish Malaysia, President Alliance Francaise de Kuala Lumpur and is a board of trustee to many social NGOs and foundations in Malaysia. Tengku Zatashah is founder and advocate for #zerofoodwastage and #sayno2plastic. Y.A.M. Tengku Zatashah accepted an invitation to join the Foundation Board Member in January 2019.

Marama Schnitker - Foundation Board Member and Chair of the Council of Governors
Marama was elected to the Council in 2012. She served as Vice-Chair from February 2015 and was elected Chair of the Council in June 2017. Marama is currently the Chair of the Governance Subcommittee. She was admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales Roll of Solicitors and worked as a corporate finance lawyer in Australia and South Africa. She has a law degree and an economics degree from the University of New South Wales, Australia. Her two children started at Alice Smith in 2005, the eldest graduating in 2018 and the younger completing studies in the Sixth Form at the Secondary Campus.

Alex Williams - Foundation Board Member and Governor
Alex has been a member of the Council of Governors since 2015, initially as Chair of the PTA and currently as a Parent Governor and Chair of the Development Subcommittee.

Alex has three children at the school - two at the Secondary Campus and one at the Primary Campus. She is a graduate of the University of Cambridge and previously worked in Professional Services Marketing in the UK. 

Our Aspirations

Building the future together

The Alice Smith School Foundation comprises five areas of funding:

MAKING A GIFT  BE OUR VOLUNTEER

Our Partnerships

Help us make a difference

The school's main source of income for meeting operating costs is annual school fees. This income is used to deliver the best possible education to all students, focusing on their achievement, success, development and well-being. At every stage of its history, Alice Smith has delivered on its promises.

The school places great value on partnerships to realise its vision and invites its community to support giving to the Foundation. The Foundation is a vital link between the school and its stakeholders, reinforcing the belief of the school that it brings out the best in all people and creates an enduring sense of belonging to something very special.

With your support, the Alice Smith School will continue to provide an outstanding education  with increased opportunities and experiences for years to come. The Foundation will work very closely with you to ensure that your philanthropic wishes are met and keep you fully informed about the projects you have chosen to support.

Be our partner, email us at foundation@alice-smith.edu.my