Careers and Higher Education
Our Higher Education & Careers team are experienced in providing comprehensive support and information in:
- (I)GCSE and A Level subject choices
- Work Experience
- Applying to global universities (eg. UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, France, Germany, and many more)
- And so much more!
Students from Years 7-13 will undergo thorough curriculum that is catered towards helping them explore their skills and strengths, focusing on self-awareness and broadening their horizons for the future.
This includes personalised 1-on-1 advising sessions to discuss A Level subject choices and future university aspirations, career workshops and interviews, psychometric testing, and opportunities to connect and learn from various industry professionals.
Our in-house and highly experienced Higher Education and Careers team are available for additional drop-in sessions for students who need extra support or guidance. We also work closely with different organisations and universities to offer bespoke and up-to-date career workshops on various industries and pathways to cater to the needs of our students.
What Makes Us Unique?
- We offer bespoke advice from Year 10 all the way through to Year 13, tailored with understanding of the specialisms created by attending an International school.
- Using recognised theories such as the theory of multiple intelligence's (Howard Gardner), and decision making styles (William Coscarelli), we guide students on a path of self-reflection and self-awareness.
BIG Careers Programme
- At Alice Smith, we run our own unique BIG Careers programme - Bespoke, Innovative and Global
- We partner with multiple online learning platforms, such as Shortlistme and Springpod, which provide our Years 10-12 students with the necessary tools and opportunities to explore different skills valued in the workplace as well as sector insights into different industries and to participate in virtual work experience programmes.
- Years 11-12 students are also given the opportunity to participate on company visits or apply for a short work experience placement in Years 12-13
Strong Alumni Network
- Our alumni take on an active role in mentoring students and providing advice about Universities and career paths. With our school's rich history, we have a diverse range of alumni who can offer students insight into a wide breadth of career fields and industries.