“Gift in a Shoebox"
Gifts for children in hospital and local children’s home.
Every year, we encourage our students to fill a shoebox with new gifts for a child less fortunate. The boxes can be brought into school from next week up until Monday, 15th December. They will then be distributed to local orphanages and to children who will be in hospital over this festive season.
How to pack your shoebox
1. Find an empty shoebox
2. Wrap the box in colourful wrapping paper
3. Decide if your gift is for a GIRL or BOY and what age you are choosing presents for.
4. Choose suitable NEW gifts to pack in the box
5. Ideas of things to put in your shoebox
Soft toys, balls, jigsaws, yo-yos, building blocks, books, T-shirts, art materials, pens, stickers, notepads, bangles, hair clips etc.
Things NOT to put in your shoebox
No food, No medicine, No war related items, e.g. toy guns, knives, No glass or fragile items.
6. Tie up your box with ribbon and add a BOY or GIRL label available from your teacher. Please do not tape your box closed.
7. Bring your box into school by Monday 15th December
Thank you for your support!