Why Your Child Can’t Skip Their 20 Minutes of Reading Tonight?
20 minutes per night, 5 times per week, Robbie reads only 4 minutes per night
...or not at all.
one week: Jack reads 100 minutes, Robbie 20 minutes.
one month: Jack reads 400 minutes, Robbie 80 minutes.
one school year (9 months): Jack reads 3600 minutes, Robbie
Year 1 and Year 6: Jack reads 21,600 minutes the equivalent of 60 school days
and Robbie reads 4320 minutes, the same
as 12 school days.
- Which student would you expect to read
- Which student would you expect to know
- Which student would you expect to write
- Which student would you expect to have
a better vocabulary?
- Which student would you expect to be
more successful in school and life?
- How do you think each student will feel
about himself as a learner?
Whatever year your
child is in, please find time to help them read and enjoy books.
Head of Curriculum Team - Languages