Only two weeks to go until the KLASS PTA Spring Fair; we also have details about the next KLASS Social Event and we still need your pre-loved toys, boardgames and books please!
The countdown is on for the Spring Fair - Saturday 4th March from 10am to 2pm - and here are some top things to be aware of:
- ECA PERFORMANCES - If you haven’t signed up for a slot on the ECA / performance schedule, you still have time. Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com and they will send you everything you need. More details are on the poster.
- RAFFLE PRIZES - We are still hoping for more raffle prize donations please. If you are able to get your hands on anything from hotel vouchers to spa treatments, we would be extremely grateful and you will receive plenty of recognition for your generosity at the fair itself.
- DONATIONS - Please do drop off any pre-loved toys, boardgames and books at the JB or EP office any time from now until 1st March.
- SHUTTLE BUS - If getting out to EP is a struggle for any of you, take advantage of the free bus shuttle service from JB out to the secondary campus. The poster gives all the details.
- VENDORS - If you are a KLASS parent or teacher, you can book a vendor stall here at a discounted price.
PTA Charities 2016-17 - the two Charities that will be supported by the PTA for the year 2016-17 are GIVE and Protect and Save the Children. A percentage of the proceeds from all PTA events this school year will be donated to these charities.
GIVE: Imagine a world where all charity donations go straight to the people who need it. A world where businesses and charities help each other. A world where people’s generosity is reached and rewarded. GIVE is a charity set up by KLASS parents with the aim of supporting individual cases of need including cancer kids; orphans; old folks; illiterate children; the poor; the homeless; animals; and helping out in catastrophes - fire, floods etc.
P.S. The Children: In a move towards a world that upholds the rights and dignity of every child, P.S. The Children's vision is to build safer communities where children are protected from sexual abuse and exploitation. P.S. The Children aims to achieve this by advocating and establishing effective prevention education for both adults and children, strengthening treatment and support services, while forging synergistic partnerships within communities. It is the only social organisation in Malaysia that focuses solely on the prevention, intervention and treatment of Child Sexual Abuse
Our next KLASS Social, organised by the wonderful Kelly Chivers and lead by one of our very own KLASS parents, Eva Juric who is a highly experienced yoga teacher, is “YOGA ON THE HILL”. Eva will be hosting a unique yoga session at A Little Farm on the Hill - details below:
Date: WEDNESDAY 1 MARCH
Time: 9.30am (will finish around 2pm)
Where: A LITTLE FARM ON THE HILL - Janda Baik (approx 45 minutes drive from KL)
Cost: RM300 including a light breakfast with tea and coffee on arrival, two hour yoga lesson and a fabulous vegetarian lunch. Plus tour of the farm and meditation session.
You can sign up and find out more here. Please note you will need to pay online at sign up. Should you require any more information, you can give Kelly a call on 012-551 8570.
Regretfully the PTA organising committee have decided to cancel the Valentine’s Bash due to poor ticket sales. The event was planned for Saturday 18th February. Any students who have already purchased tickets can get a full refund from the accounts office immediately. Huge apologies, but thank you for your understanding.
And lastly, the 67th AGM is fast approaching. It would be as great to see as many of you there as possible. It’s at 7.30pm on Thursday 23rd February in the Alice Smith Primary Campus School Hall. Do come along!
Click here for this week's full issue - 17th February 2017