Thank you to everyone for your support with enforcing the heightened security measures that we have put in place at the Primary Campus.
As you know, the safety and security of our school community is of the utmost importance. The following should therefore serve as a reminder.
When driving onto the campus you must:
- Stop your vehicle
- Wind down your window
- Ensure you are wearing your school tag (for every adult in the car) and allow the guards to check it. If an adult in your car does not have an Alice Smith tag, they will need to register at the guardhouse, collect a visitor's ID before entering the premises.
- You may then proceed onto the premises
As always, if walking around the premises, you must also be wearing your school tag at all times.
Please discuss these rules with your driver / helper / maid / family members as appropriate.
Unfortunately, this week we have had to ban someone from entering the premises as they were not complying with these rules.
As mentioned in previous communication, we will now be clamping vehicles at the Primary Campus that are not following the car park rules in Car Park 4 - the short term car park.
Cars will be clamped in Car Park 4 in the following situations:
- Absence of valid car parking sticker
- Incorrect parking or blocking in of other cars
- Cars that have been parked for more than 15 minutes
Clamping will only be conducted during school operating hours (7.30am - 4.30pm).
If you have an appointment at school that lasts more than 15 minutes, or you are attending a school event and there are no car park spaces available in car parks 1, 2 or 3, you may ask permission from the guards to get a temporary parking pass. In this case you should:
- Tell the guards what meeting/event you are here for, what time you are going to be back and take a temporary parking pass
- Leave the guards with your mobile phone number so that they can call you in an emergency
- Park in the car park that the guards direct you towards.
- Hand back the temporary parking pass on exit
If your car is clamped you should:
- collect the clamping ticket from the guards at the guardhouse
- proceed to the main office with your clamping ticket and obtain signature approval from the Principal, Assistant Principal or Office Manager.
- Pay a RM100 release fee to the Principal, Assistant Principal or Office Manager who will issue you a clamp release ticket. You can pay by cash or card.
- Hand the clamping release ticket to security for the clamp to be removed.
We thank you for and appreciate your understanding.
Assistant Principal - Development
Click here for this week's full issue - 24th March 2016