|
|
HdImage
University Destinations
The vast majority of Alice Smith School students choose to study at a UK university. Australia, Canada and the USA are also popular destinations.
Emily Graham, Head of Higher Education

The Alice Smith School has an excellent reputation for academic excellence and wider learning experiences, along with the advantages gained from the AQA Baccalaureate qualification, and as such we are very proud of the fact that almost all of our students go on to their first choice university.

Diversity of study choices 

Our students choose to study undergraduate courses of great diversity from the sciences, social sciences, humanities, art and design, architecture, business, medicine, media and engineering. Most popular in 2016 were Science and Engineering (27%), Social Sciences (16%) and Business, Management and Economics (16%).

The majority of our students (65%) still attend universities in the UK, although an increasing number of students are applying to multiple destinations at universities across the world. We have Alice Smith students attending universities in many countries worldwide, including Ireland, USA, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Holland, Malaysia and Canada. More of our students are also completing a gap year or will be starting courses later on in our academic year in Australia and New Zealand.

Top UK Universities 

Within the UK, our students have secured places at universities across the country, from the big London universities (such as Imperial, LSE, King’s and UCL), to top universities in Scotland and Wales. Many of our students secured places at Top 20 ranked institutions such as Cambridge, Durham, Manchester and Warwick.

World leading university destinations 

The 12 students this year who have accepted places outside of the UK were also at well recognised and respected universities, including: Brown University, USA, University of British Columbia in Canada and Yale-NUS in Singapore.

We wish all our students continued success in their education whatever path they choose to follow.

Emily Graham, Head of Higher Education