|
|
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
Academic Success

We are proud of the fact that students at the Alice Smith School achieve outstanding results in all public examinations. Our three year rolling average for A Level results is 73% A* to B grades and 100% pass rate. 

Students' performances are consistently amongst the best in the region and on par with leading schools in the UK.

University Placements

We are delighted to report that 85% of our students pursuing university entry in the UK for Autumn 2016 secured their First Choice university. Of our UK applicants, five were able to secure places with their Insurance choices and 3 secured places through Clearing. 

The UK remains a popular option for our students, with over 64% of our graduates choosing to study there. Yet as Higher Education continues to become more global with many opportunities open to our students all over the world, we are continuing to see students looking more internationally as they consider their further education options.

All twelve of our students who decided to pursue Higher Education placements internationally secured their chosen university. We have students embarking on courses across the world at universities such as Brown University in the USA, University of British Columbia in Canada, Yale-NUS in Singapore and Trinity College, Dublin. We also support our Australian applicants for whom the application process takes place post A2 examinations.

There were many individual causes for celebration and we are extremely proud of all of our students as they embark on the next stages of their education.

Within the UK, our students have secured places at universities across the country, from the big London universities (Imperial, King’s, LSE and UCL) to universities in Scotland, Wales and Ireland. 55% of our students will be attending Russell Group universities (considered to be research-intensive, world-class universities). Our students are also attending other very competitive universities at the top of their field, such as Bath, SOAS and the University of the Arts, London. We also have 3 students embarking on degrees at Cambridge; two students reading Mathematics and one reading Human Social and Political Sciences. In addition, we have 1 student who secured a place on a Medicine course in the UK (and 2 who are studying Medicine in Ireland and Malaysia).

Alice Smith students continue to go on to study a wide variety of subjects, from Architecture to Theatre and Film. Science and Engineering, as well as Social Sciences and Business and Management remain popular choices for our students. The diversity of interests amongst our students is reflected in the vibrancy of our Sixth Form community as they grow into lifelong learners.

We have continued to build and strengthen links with many UK and international universities, welcoming visiting academics and admissions tutors and even attend a Conference for International Guidance Counsellors at Oxford University. We continue to receive very positive feedback from these universities who openly value the quality of student that we send to them.

At a Glance: 

• The UK remains the most popular destination for our students
  • Australia, Canada and the US are also increasingly popular
  • 85% of our UK applicants achieved their Firm Choice placement
  • All of our international applicants secured their preferred place
  • 3 students gained places at Cambridge
  • 3 students will be reading Medicine
  • 1 student at an Ivy League university in the US
  • 55% of UK students will be at Russell Group universities

GCE A Level Results 2016

This year, our Year 13 students are celebrating another year of exam success with over 125 A*, A and B grades awarded with 99% of the cohort  achieving all A*-E grades in their subjects. 

Sixteen students achieved all straight A*/A grades, with two students achieving 4A*, one student achieving 3A*1A, one achieving 2A*2As, five achieving 2A*1A, four achieving 1A*2As, and two achieving 3 straight A grades. Our two scholars’ results are also to be celebrated with 3A*1A and 1A*2As.

This year our students will be attending excellent universities worldwide and we are delighted to share that three students have won well deserved places at Cambridge and two students have been accepted to study at Ivy League Universities, Yale and Brown.  

Congratulations to all our Year 13 students. 

(I)GCSE Level Results 2016

This year, our Year 11 students attained the highest recorded achievement at Alice Smith, with 71% of all results awarded at grades A* - A. 43% of all results were A* grades with 97% of the cohort achieving 5 A* - C grades. With these exceptional results the school's consistently high three year rolling average increases to 66% of grades in the highest A*- A level bands.

There were a hundred and ten students in this Year 11 cohort of 2016. Students usually take a minimum of ten subjects at (I)GCSE, with many receiving eleven attainment grades. Seventy-eight students obtained five or more A* and A grades in their results with thirty-four students achieving a clean sweep of A* and A grades in all their subjects and twenty-six students achieving eight A* grades or more. 

Outstanding individual results include one student who achieved 12 A* grades, two achieved 11A*s, one achieved 10 A*s,  eight achieved 10A*s 1A,  four achieved 9A*s, 2As, two achieved 9A*s 1A, and one achieved  8A*s 4As.