|
|
PromoImg
Academic Success
Find Out More
PromoImg
Admissions
Find Out More
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
School Inspection Reports

'Excellent' was the grade given in the most recent British Schools Overseas report for both the Primary and Secondary School Campuses by Tribal, a DfE approved inspectorate.

The Department for Education in the UK now undertakes an accreditation inspection which reports on the extent to which participating British schools overseas meet standards expected in schools in the British education system.

Using standards from OFSTED (Office for Standards in Education), an inspection allows a direct comparison to be made between British schools overseas with independent and state schools in the UK. Only a small proportion of international ‘British’ schools have been awarded the accolade of being one of the élite schools to have achieved special British Schools Overseas status. The International Inspectorate reports provide objective reassurances to those parents whose children attend British schools and to those considering such schools for their children. 

Comments from the team of inspectors reflect the outstanding provision across the school campuses:

'The quality of education on both sites is reflected in the high attainment, academic success and excellent personal development of the pupils and students. In external examinations, both Key Stage 4 students and sixth formers successfully achieve the highest available grades. Those leaving the secondary campus mostly move on to their first choice of university and are very well prepared for their next stage of education. Primary pupils attain highly in basic skills so that they are at ease in accessing the secondary curriculum. '

"Behaviour in all phases is excellent. Students and pupils are highly motivated to work collaboratively with staff in all aspects of school life. In no small measure, their attitudes to school contribute outstandingly to their all-round success. Learners’ spiritual, moral, cultural and social development is outstanding and is reflected in the way this diverse, happy school community works together." 

The Alice Smith School is the only school in Kuala Lumpur and one of only two in Malaysia who have undergone such an inspection and achieved the standards necessary to be classed as British School Overseas (BSO). Our most recent accreditation inspection took place in November 2014 and the inspection report is available below:

Inspection Report 2014

Prior to this, there was an inspection in 2011 and the report can be downloaded below:

Inspection Report 2011

In 2011, the inspectors stated that the Alice Smith School was well on the way to achieving its vision of being a consistently outstanding school by 2015. This has now been verified by the most recent inspection.