What a great weekend for our KLASS netballers at the Sporty Girls Netball Tournament held on 22nd November 2014!
After only a handful of dedicated lunchtime training sessions, our KLASS Lionesses took to the court for our first match against Garden A team. This match posed many difficulties for us, some physical, a goal shooter as tall as Miss Douse, and some were as basic as the challenge and apprehensions of playing your first ever competitive match. We fought through the match with great attitudes and great resilience, a theme that continued throughout the day, and held them at bay for most of the match with 2 second half goals the only difference between the teams.
Our next 2 league matches were against experienced players and despite our positive outlook, determination and effort; we were unable to win the matches. Mr Morgan and Miss Douse were so proud of the commitment, attitude and teamwork shown throughout the day as were the wonderful and supportive parents that helped make it a great day. Here are some of our many highlights…
- the teams speedy skill improvements
- Daphne, an U9 girl in the U11 match, having the confidence to play as a centre
- Sarah being a super defender throughout the competition
- Rebecca playing nearly every position on the team, and without any fuss or complaining
- Georgina scoring with her first ever shot in a game
- Great sportsman ship in every game
Head of Physical Education