What a weekend! Congratulations to our sportsmen and women, teachers and coaches for incredible performances last weekend with over 200 students representing The Alice Smith School. All of our participating students did incredibly well, demonstrating a fantastic work ethic. Headlines include:
- Phuket football - U13 girls placed 3rd in the overall competition, U18 boys were winners of the Plate competition, U13 boys and U18 girls were runners up in the Plate competition.
- SEASAC cross country - the Boys team came 4th overall out of 15 schools. Oliver Trott finished 3rd and Jack Heneberry 4th in the individual SEASAC competition.
- FOBISIA U15 Games - we achieved gold in the swimming, gold in the boys’ football, silver in the boys’ basketball, 4th in athletics, 4th in the girls’ basketball and football.
- Swimming - KLASS Torpedoes finished 13th in the National club championships. This is a fantastic achievement as the competition has the top 45 best teams from across the whole of Malaysia.
- SEASAC golf - congratulations to Victoria T for representing KLASS at this year’s SEASAC golf competition.
Please take the time to read the student articles about these competitions in this week’s KLASS Times.
It was also an extraordinary weekend for the Arts, with students exhibiting in the KL Photography Festival. Our students’ work received both admiration and acclaim from the general public and professional photographers alike. Thanks to all involved.
It’s hard to believe that we are nearing the end of our first term and next week we begin to get into the Christmas spirit with our Christmas Concert being held at Equine Park on Monday 4th December at 6:30 pm. Also, next week we are holding our sell-out production of Beauty and the Beast - students and staff have been working so hard since August and cannot wait for the opening night on Thursday!
Have a lovely long weekend.
Principal - Secondary Campus
Click here for this week's full issue - 30th November 2017