Sunday 12th November saw our EP pool play venue as GIS hosted this years ISAC Secondary Swimming Championships. ISAC is a conference of Klang Valley international schools with 2 Penang school as associate members. KLASS were the defending champions from 2015 & 2016 and so the pressure was on us to repeat the performance.
The meet started well be we were being out scored by ISKL for the first 2 hours of the meet. Then came 2 strong blocks of events for us in the 50m Fly and 100m Free where we were able to place 3, 4 or 5 swimmers into point scoring or podium places in several age groups. This was enough to not only close the gap to ISKL but open a lead. This was a lead we did not relinquish. By the end of the relays we had secure the ISAC Secondary trophy for the third year running by 200+ points clinching a 3peat that has only been done once before in ISAC swimming. There were many superb performances, PB's and contributions but for me the difference in our team to the other schools was the strength in depth that we are able to draw on in these point score events. All swimmers contributed points to the total and this is a formula we have to stick to for future success. Quality in depth and unity of team set us apart.
Congratulations to all who raced.
The winning team are:-
- U13 girls: Yi-Lin Cheah, Yi-Qi Cheah, Aisha Cunningham-Burley, Alma Dahl, Anoek Groot, Liya Ow Leang.
- U13 boys: Aaron Chong, Seb Cross, Ethan Cunningham-Burley, David Kells-Romero, John Orr, Alikhan Zhaksybay.
- U15 girls: Jamila Abdel-Razek, Kathleen Alguel, Erin Lakshmanan, Amber Lees, Anna Meier, Gioia Migliarina.
- U15 boys: Raoul Bromley, Jack Leetham, Kieran Low, David Ong, Arran Russell, Yap Zhen Wei
- Senior girls: Annabel Kloos, Nordashima Proud, Ellie Sill, Megan Steele, Rebecca Wood.
- Senior boys: Washington Chao, Falk Meier, Kenneth Ong, Sim Yi Tao
Mr Stuart Bromley
Head of Whole School Aquatics
Head Coach KLASS Torpedoes
Click here for this week's full issue - 17th November 2017