|
|
KLASS Stories

Read Our Stories of Learning at the Alice Smith School

picture of a student talking to a college counselorStepping into Higher Education

Our Sixth Form academic curriculum is comprised of linear, two-year A Levels, optional two-year AS Levels and the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ). Within our Pathways ...

Read More

picture of a girl working with young children on a painting project

Building Community Spirit through Helping Others

As the oldest British international school in Malaysia, the Alice Smith School has a long history of community service. Responding to the needs of others is...

Read More

Nurturing a Love of Learning Starts Early

Starting school is an exciting time for parents and children as they begin their learning journey with us at Alice Smith. Our Early Years ‘Foundation Stage’ classrooms provide the basis for children’s future learning. The building ...

Read More

Learning Spaces for Collaboration, Teamwork and Creativity

Does the design of learning spaces affect the way that learning can best take place and if so, why? Modern learning spaces are being designed to be flexible and versatile with ...

Read More

Developing 21st Century Skills

Workplaces today and in the future need people who can collaborate and offer creative solutions to complex problems. Educators are increasingly looking for ways to equip their students with those skills within an ...

Read More

Enriching Lives Through Service Learning

Some would argue that school is all about examination results and giving students the best possible opportunity to get outstanding grades for university. In many ways this is a great start to life beyond school but ...

Read More

picture of a girl getting some advice from a teacher during her learning lesson

Questioning to Make a Difference

Understanding the power of questioning in developing thinking skills, both through asking and being asked, is at the heart of learning. We spend a significant part of our education answering questions. We tentatively impart our ...

Read More

Learning For Life at the Alice Smith School

It is common for schools to speak of educating the “whole child” and providing a “holistic education” for their students, acknowledging that a successful learning environment is about much more than just ...

Read More

Coaching: The Game Changer

In a school of excellent teachers, the best resource we have is each other. A coaching initiative is well underway, with the aim of taking an innovative and whole-school approach to growing the social and professional capital of our ...

Read More

Paving the Way to University

Part of our mission at Alice Smith is to give students a successful international future. Throughout the school, we strive to nurture, inspire and enrich students so that they can...

Read More

Developing Leading Professionals

Sharing knowledge and learning together as a community is a thriving aspect of school culture that also extends more widely regionally and internationally...

Read More