|
|
PromoImg
Virtual Tour
Find Out More
PromoImg
Moving to Malaysia
Find Out More
PromoImg
Our Teachers
Find Out More
Working With Us

Alice Smith is the oldest and most successful British international school in Malaysia. We are a not-for-profit school with students at the heart of everything we do. As a leading, world-class international school our learning environment is second to none where innovative learning and teaching is the norm. We are a happy, warm, nurturing and supportive community where everyone comes together to create an enduring sense of belonging to something very special. 

Seven reasons to teach at KLASS: 

1. Work with motivated and committed students 
  2. Become part of a learning community that enriches the lives and characters of young people
  3. Join a talented, dedicated, passionate and well supported team who want to excel 
  4. Challenge yourself in a superbly resourced and dynamic professional environment
  5. Develop yourself through a programme of professional learning and opportunities for career progression 
  6. Enjoy a highly competitive salary and benefits package
  7. Take advantage of Malaysia’s lifestyle and location in Asia 

We are looking for teachers who are: 

1. Genuinely passionate about working with children
  2. Aiming to be the best they can be
  3. Enthusiastic, dedicated and hardworking
  4. Team players
  5. Caring and supportive of students and each other
  6. Willing to “go the extra mile”
  7. Positive and solutions focused

We are committed to your professional growth. Our coaching programme for growing the social and professional capital of our teachers supports the development of  relationships grounded in trust, reflection, self-directed goals and collaboration, enhancing collegiality and resilience and cohesion in our school community.      

Our students and teachers share a love of learning and thrive from their positive and enriching experience with us. Charlotte Moore, recently appointed Head of Media for the secondary campus shares her views 

“As a family we are delighted to have made the move to Alice Smith and to be part of the vibrant community in KL. We are very grateful to all of the people at Alice Smith who have made our transition from the Middle East to South-East Asia, via the UK, so much easier.  People often ask me why we made the move across the globe to live and work in KL.  For me, the answer is quite simple: the ethos at Alice Smith matches exactly what I would want for my own children and for the students that I have taught, or am yet to teach. Giving each child the best possible experience and encouraging them to make each day count means so much. Whether that is in the classroom, or by giving students experiences that allow them to develop their own character and build relationships that are built on mutual respect and trust and celebrating difference whilst we embrace diversity. Just like I don't believe there is only one winner, I also don't believe in an academic hierarchy where some subjects are more worthy than others. Alice Smith supports students to walk a path of equal opportunity with enthusiasm, pride and an open-mind.  I am looking forward to this next adventure.”

The school is a founding member of the Federation of British International Schools in Asia (FOBISIA) and a long standing member of the Council of British International Schools (COBIS), accredited as a British Schools Overseas (BSO) with an “Excellent” grading. 

The School is accommodated on two sites approximately 20 minutes apart, both campuses having exceptional resources and facilities. As an innovative user of technology, Alice Smith is a Google Apps for Education school working across both Windows and Mac platforms, utilising the power of Google sites and Google Classroom to provide tailored learning opportunities for our students.   
Sic Itur Ad Astra - In this way you shall reach the stars.

Information for Candidates

Safer Recruitment Statement

The Alice Smith School is committed to safeguarding children and young people through safer recruitment practices. The school's recruitment protocols adhere to the standards set for accredited British Schools Overseas. Candidate references will be checked and qualifications attested. Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) or local police checks are required, together with a Statement of Medical Fitness.

Teaching Vacancies

Closing date for applications: Wednesday 31st October 2018
In case of query, contact Ms Millie Boey: tsrecruitment@alice-smith.edu.my

Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete an initial interview on Sonru. Sonru is an automated video interviewing process that we use due to our location and challenges with time difference. It also enables you to complete this initial interview with us at your convenience. Following this, candidates will be invited to a final interview in Kuala Lumpur between 12th - 13th November 2018 or London 16th - 23rd November 2018.

Apply Now!

To join us, please click on the respective links below. We would love to welcome you as part of our Alice Smith community.

Non-Teaching Vacancies

Please email the HR Dept at recruitment@alice-smith.edu.my.

Whole School Vacancies

Head of Information Technology

An exceptional leader of educational technology who has vision, energy, drive and an advanced understanding of technology operations and concepts in both primary and secondary schools. The successful candidate is responsible for the overall leadership and management of technology in the school, ensuring co-ordination between the full range of services that enhance teaching, learning and school operations.

To apply, you MUST go through the TES online system.

Head Swim Coach

Lead and manage the school’s extra-curricular swimming programme, ensuring the design, implementation and delivery of an effective and comprehensive programme of swim coaching and performance development. In addition to coaching, the Head Swim Coach will contribute to the day-to-day swimming curriculum, organise competitive events, oversee entry to competitive events (both locally and overseas) and coordinate a coaching programme for KLASS Torpedoes, the school’s swimming club, on both campuses. 

To apply, you MUST go through the TES online system.

Primary Teaching Vacancies

Head of Primary Sport

Sport and Physical Education is a thriving department at the school. In addition to high quality classroom lessons the schools has a large sports programme that has a varied and well attended extra curricular schedule. We offer a busy calendar of high profile sporting events throughout the year, and also attend a variety of sports competitions and fixtures both in Malaysia and abroad. The successful candidate will be expected to commit to, and take a lead on all of these areas.

The Head of Sport will have the ability to lead coaching across a range of team sports and will have a reduced teaching commitment. All applicants should have an excellent track record of teaching success. The post requires a commitment to weekend fixtures and competitions locally and regionally. The Head of Sport at the Primary Campus reports to the Director of Sport.

Head of Primary Music

Music is a thriving department at the school. In addition to high quality classroom lessons, the schools has a large peripatetic programme with 12 tutors and 400 children enrolled. There is a varied and well attended extra curricular schedule, featuring string orchestras, wind bands, choirs and ukulele clubs. We offer a busy calendar of high profile music events throughout the year, and also attend a variety of music festivals both in Malaysia and abroad. The successful candidate will be expected to commit to, and take a lead on all these areas of music making. The ability to integrate music into the everyday life of the school, beyond the music classrooms, is a must. Experience teaching EYFS is an advantage.

We are looking for a well qualified leader, teacher and musician, ideally with accomplished keyboard skills, and a significant amount of experience directing choirs and/or orchestras.

Class Teachers – EYFS/KS 1 or 2 with the possibility of Year Leader positions becoming available

Primary Class teachers will be allocated to teams in EYFS, KS1 or KS2 according to skill set, experience, team dynamics and relevant vacancies. They should have a flair for excellence in learning and teaching and be committed to developing the whole child.  Teachers must be dedicated to developing professionally and should be proficient in using technology to enhance learning.  KLASS Teachers are dedicated and are expected to go the extra mile. The ability to work effectively and as part of a team is essential.

Primary PE Teacher

Sport and Physical Education is a thriving department at the school. In addition to high quality classroom lessons, the schools has a large sports programme that has a varied and well attended extra curricular schedule. We offer a busy calendar of high profile sporting events throughout the year, and also attend a variety of sports competitions and fixtures both in Malaysia and abroad.

We are looking for an experienced, male and female, teacher of Physical Education. PE teachers are expected to teach PE and sport across the primary age range, with an excellent track record of teaching success and team sports coaching. The post requires a commitment to weekend fixtures and competitions locally and regionally.

PPA Teacher

We are looking to recruit an exemplary PPA teacher, who has experience in teaching both KS1 and KS2, who seeks to inspire and nurture our children. As the successful applicant will be teaching in numerous classrooms, flexibility and the ability to create strong partnerships with others is essential. They should have a flair for excellence in learning and teaching and be committed to developing the whole child.  Teachers must be dedicated to developing professionally and should be proficient in using technology to enhance learning.  KLASS Teachers are dedicated and are expected to go the extra mile. The ability to work effectively and as part of a team is essential.

Secondary Teaching Vacancies

Head of Physical Education

We are seeking an exceptional leader who has the vision, energy and drive to further grow our curriculum provision to match our outstanding facilities. The candidate will be expected to further improve academic results and increase uptake at both GCSE and A Level. Candidates must be experienced teachers to both GCSE and A Level. The Head of Physical Education will report to the Director of Sports, and will work as part of a thriving secondary faculty and cross-campus team.

Candidates should also be committed to supporting an extensive extra-curricular programme which requires attending a number of weekend events both within Kuala Lumpur and overseas. Candidates will need to have the ability to coach in one or more of the following sports: basketball, volleyball, netball, football, rugby, athletics, badminton, tennis and hockey.

Head of Psychology

The Head of Psychology will report to the Head of Faculty for Humanities, and will work as part of a thriving faculty to further improve academic results. We are looking for an experienced and outstanding teacher of Psychology to GCSE and A Level.

Educational Professional Vacancy

Primary School Counsellor

We are seeking to recruit a full-time Primary School Counsellor. The School Counselling model at Alice Smith is primarily a therapeutic one-to-one service catering to the social-emotional needs of our students and families, working as an integral part of the Pastoral System within the School. Applicants are expected to be responsive and adaptable with excellent interpersonal skills. Current knowledge and up to date training in the counselling field are essential. Please note that we will only accept applications from candidates who hold a relevant Master’s Degree. In addition, it would be expected that candidates would be accredited or working towards accreditation with the BACP.
This post has been advertised with the British Association of Counselling Professionals (BACP). 

To apply, you MUST go through the TES online system 

Non-teaching Vacancies

Interested applicants are invited to apply online by emailing your application with a detailed resume indicating the position applied for in the subject field of the email to recruitment@alice-smith.edu.my. Thank you.