|
|
HdImage
Academic Results

Our end of year assessments for Reading and Maths are set by one of the UK’s leading test providers, ‘GL Assessments’. These are standardised assessments designed to measure student progress and attainment of the English National Curriculum. They are popular with UK independent schools and many top international schools around the world. They provide in-depth data in the form of a Standard Age Score (SAS) and are key to benchmarking and tracking progress. It is the fairest way to compare performance of different pupils within a year group, or across a year group, as well as against both the UK and other British international schools. The standard age score is on a scale from 59-141. They are therefore a good indicator of depth of understanding when used alongside teacher assessment.

Overall Attainment
Attainment in Year 6 was, once again, excellent based on our teacher judgements, demonstrating that all of our Year 6 students are working within the expected developmental band in Maths and English. This is supported by the GL Progress Tests in English and Maths. 

English
In the Progress Test in English, 59% of our Year 6 students were graded above average (achieving a standardised score greater than 112). This compares very favourably with the UK where 23% of students are above average. In addition, 37% of our students were well above average in English (achieving a standardised score greater than 119) - compared to 11% for the UK.

Maths
In the Progress Test in Maths, 39% of our students were above average or better with 23% well above average (compared to 23% and 11% respectively for the UK).

Individual Scores
Individual scores for students are in the form of Standard Age Score (SAS). Our average score in English for Year 6 students was 113.9 which was higher than both the UK (100) and International School (104.1) averages.

Similarly, in Maths, our Year 6 students outperformed both the UK and other international school students with an average SAS of 108.7 compared to 100 in the UK and 99.4 in international schools.

National curriculum assessments at Key Stage 2 in England
The school does not participate in the key stage 2 national curriculum assessments (often referred to as SATs) undertaken in England. Nevertheless, the GL assessments we undertake give an indication of students’ potential performance under these national tests for maths, reading and grammar, punctuation and spelling. The school’s performance in relation to these scores is also excellent.

English

Our end of Key Stage 2 indicators for reading, based on our GL assessment results, are that 88% of students would at least achieve the expected standard (of 100 or more) in reading - 16% higher than the 2017 standard for England in reading (of 72%). 45% of our year 6 students were at the higher standard for reading (110 or greater), compared to 25% in England. 

Attainment at the expected standard in grammar, punctuation and spelling (GPS) for Alice Smith Year 6 students is 86% compared to 77% in England for 2017. 48% of our Year 6 students were at the higher standard for grammar, punctuation and spelling, compared to 31% in England.

This year we have also been able to compare the writing of our students with other students. 84% of our Year 6 students reached the expected standard in writing compared to 76% in England in 2017. 

Mathematics
In mathematics, the proportion of students that would reach the expected standard is 87% compared to 75% in England for 2017. 30% of our Year 6 students were at the higher standard for mathematics compared to 23% in England.