|
|
Scholarships for A Levels

We currently have three types of scholarships available:

1. KLASS Scholarships

The KLASS scholarship is a full scholarship with the underlying aim to benefit high achieving  post-SPM Malaysian students with limited financial means. Scholars will be expected to push themselves in all aspects of learning,  attain high levels of excellence in both academic and non-academic fields and become a fully integrated member of our school community.

Applicants will be very strong academically, aiming for an international level of education at a good university, and fulfill all the criteria for entry onto A Levels in our Sixth Form. Together with academic merit, scholarships are awarded on financial need, as such the family of the applicant will be required to disclose income through tax returns.

Given the completion of SPMs in the November, it is understood that recipients of the KLASS scholarship will start in January. For this reason, the maximum length of the scholarship is 2½ years. It is anticipated, however, that scholars will complete their A Levels in five school terms.

2(i).  Reach for the Stars Scholarships (50% reduction in fees)
2(ii).  Reach for the Star Scholarships (25% reduction in fees)

Reach for the Stars scholarships are partial scholarships and can be awarded at both 25% and 50%. 

They are awarded to students applying for: 

• 18-month A Level Programme (January 2018 intake - likely to be currently SPM students)
  • 2-year A Level Programme (August 2018 intake - likely to be currently (I)GCSE students)

Reach for the Stars scholarships (50%) are awarded on academic merit and financial need. Interested scholars will need to show strong academic performance and the need for financial assistance. Current Alice Smith students in Year 11 are eligible to apply. 

Reach for the Stars scholarships (25%) are awarded on academic merit.