|
|
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
Stage Productions & Events

Large scale stage and musical productions are regularly performed at both campuses.  

At the Primary Campus are annual productions in Years 2, 4 and 6 and one whole-school annual production in Term 2 at the Secondary Campus. Recent productions have included Alice in Wonderland (Year 4), the Around the World in 80 days (Year 2), The Lion King (Year 6) and Sweeney Todd at the Secondary Campus.  Alice Smith productions are always followed with rave reviews.

A role for all 

Students can be involved in stage productions both on stage and behind the scenes - as musicians and composers, designing costumes or in the technical team.  Teachers and parents help out behind the scenes as make-up artists, costume makers, set designers and choreographers.  

Performances all year round 

Other smaller scale performances go on at both sites throughout the year.  JB enjoys ‘Music Moments’ performances to parents having their morning coffee, termly Music Soirees, Art Exhibitions and Concerts.  At EP there are frequent Open Mic performances, where students and staff are welcome to take the mic.  There is also a Gifted & Talented musicians’ concert, first held in 'No Black Tie' in Kuala Lumpur in 2013; students are selected to perform in Presentation Assemblies, at the Sixth Form Charity Dinner, during the MAD Week event, at Founders’ Day Assembly, the Christmas Bazaar, the Summer Fair and at many other such events.  The annual Christmas Concert brings together students and staff from both campuses. School musicians are also invited to perform at functions in the community such as balls, dinners and embassy events.