|
|
PromoImg
News
Find Out More
PromoImg
Media Galleries
Find Out More
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
Wider Learning Days
4
full theatrical musical productions every year

Education which takes place outside of the classroom develops new learning styles.

In addition to the wide range of wider learning opportunities available, we dedicate a number of teaching days in the academic year where students are encouraged to learn using more practical techniques.

These dedicated days of wider learning focus more on enquiry based challenges, addressing new topics outside the core curriculum and help reinforce topics learnt in the classroom - all of which contribute to the enriched curriculum we offer at the school.

Dress Up Days

At the Primary Campus, wider learning days are fondly known as ‘dress up days’ and help to bring the curriculum to life.  Themes include Space Day, World War II Day, Victorian Day, Tudor Day, Egyptian Day and the most popular of all, Viking Day.  Students, dressed in a wonderful array of thematic costumes, participate in activities and adventures ranging from an authentic Egyptian sacrifice to going on a mission to space. The annual ‘Activity Week’ focuses on a particular area of the curriculum, a recent example being the ‘Atlas of the Arts’.  During the week the students learnt about arts from all over the world through a variety of different arts-related activities and experiences in each year group. The week culminates in a music and dance extravaganza involving all students. Parents are invited in to share in the fun.

Wider Learning Days

The Secondary Campus wider learning days are fun, active and practical and usually take place across vertically mixed age groups, for example in houses. Students work in groups and participate in a range of engaging tasks often culminating in a presentation to staff and their peers. Topics can be linked to an area of the curriculum such as Mathematics, ICT or Languages, or can centre around a personal or social development issue and life skills, or a combination of both such as Environmental Mathematics day. 

Lunchtime Lectures

Throughout the year we invite notable guest speakers to be part of our Lunchtime Lecture series, a popular wider learning initiative amongst both students and staff. Students from all year groups are invited to attend and pose questions to our expert guests. Our most recent lecture series has included Sajith Sivanaandan, the CEO of Google Malaysia, Professor Sami Azam-Ali from the ‘Crops for the Future’ project and Gavin Simpson, of advertising giant Ogilvy & Mather, speaking about advertising - not as rocket science but as magic.

4