|
|
PromoImg
Primary
Find Out More
PromoImg
Secondary
Find Out More
PromoImg
Famous Alumni
Find Out More
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
Our Students
76% of Alice Smith School students chose a UK university in 2015. Canada and Australia are increasingly popular destinations.
Emily Graham, Head of Higher Education

Students are at the heart of everything we do. 

As a not-for-profit school without shareholders, all our resources are invested back in our students' education, not dividends.

Our consistent focus for students is on high academic standards, essential life skills and a sense of responsibility to the community. 

Truly international with over 50 nationalities 

The Alice Smith School is truly international and multi-cultural, where over 65% of students are expatriates representing more than 50 nationalities.

• 36% of our students are British, in line with our heritage and is our largest nationality group.  

• 10% of the student body are from our other co-founder nations of Australia, Ireland and New Zealand

Celebrating both our international and Malaysian heritage throughout the year is very much part of school life. We place significant emphasis on the importance of respecting and understanding different cultures in our teaching and learning. 

Houses 

All students become a member of one of four Houses: Scott, Muir, Fairfield and Fleming.  

Students vote for their own House Captains at each campus, which are strongly contested and sought after positions of responsibility each year. 

Students can earn house points, participate and compete in sport, hold charity events and team up across year groups for wider learning activities. 

Confident, creative, critical and compassionate learners

Our students' outstanding academic achievements and progress at the Alice Smith School are achieved through a combination of factors.

• We encourage students to be independent learners, confident communicators and problem solvers.  
  • We support students to develop personal values, skills and ways of working with others which are increasingly important to their success as global citizens.
  • Students are encouraged to lead happy and healthy lifestyles, be respectful and community- minded in their actions.  
  • Students gain hands-on experience working with those who are less fortunate than themselves, and build character by supporting and caring about our local community. 

We are very proud of our students and how they embrace the opportunities available to them. In this way, our students' focus is consistently on achieving high academic standards, essential life skills and a sense of responsibility to the community. 

Positions of Responsibility

Primary Campus

Year 6 Prefects must lead by example at all times in their behaviour, the respect they show to others and in the way they wear their school uniform. Selected by the Head of the Primary Campus, their responsibilities include assisting during assemblies, showing visitors around the school, supporting and playing with younger classes during wet playtimes and helping the nurse.

Secondary Campus

Prefects, selected from Year 12 students, are individuals who have demonstrated an exemplary approach to their learning, respected by their peers, are organised, self-confident, articulate, independent and highly self-motivated.

Head Girl and Head Boy roles are selected in Year 12 for the following academic year by the Senior Leadership Team.  Candidates undergo a fairly rigorous process of presentations and interviews, including one presentation to the whole school. Demonstrating all the positive attributes of prefects, Head Boy and Girl will be required to actively participate and represent the school at various events throughout the year.

Student Council

Each campus has a Student Council, where members are elected by their peers. The Council focuses on improving school life for every student.  

Being a Council member is a fantastic opportunity to experience solving problems fairly, becoming better listeners and working together to make a real difference.

Emily Graham, Head of Higher Education