|
|
PromoImg
News
Find Out More
PromoImg
The Arts
Find Out More
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
Student Voices

Having the ability to communicate well in various situations and formats is a valuable attribute for all our students.

We ensure we provide ample opportunities during lesson time to develop the key skills of writing, listening and public speaking. We also believe that our students should have a voice in our school community, contributing their ideas on how to improve school life.

Student Council 

Our Student Council meet on a half termly basis comprising elected representatives from each year group. The role of Council member is a responsible one, where they are expected to represent the views of their year group by being approachable, helpful and good communicators and support the Council in creating change to benefit the school community.

MUN 

For those students with a keen interest and passion for public speaking and debating there are also clubs and competitions where they can improve on those skills and discover new talents.  For example, the Alice Smith School hosted a Model United Nations (MUN) conference inviting two other international schools to join in the debate and nine students attended the THIMUN conference in Singapore.

Novel Knockout Competition 

Year 5 and 6 students have the opportunity to participate in the Alice Smith Novel Knockout, a competition that promotes the reading and discussion of contemporary children’s literature. The winning team represents the school in the National Competition, competing against other international schools.

Creative Writing and Reporting 

Students with a flair for the written word can contribute to ‘Kaleidoscope’, the student produced magazine at the Secondary Campus or join ‘The Smithy’ team, an after-school club at the Primary Campus which produce the student newspaper. Students are also encouraged to submit a piece of creative writing for the ‘World Book’. Alice Smith School are the publishers of the ‘World Book’, a collection of short stories and poems from our own students and students from around the world, which is produced annually.