|
|
PromoImg
News
Find Out More
PromoImg
Bus Routes
Find Out More
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
Extra Curricular Activities

Activities are an important element of the enriching education provided at the Alice Smith School.

We offer a well balanced and varied programme of activities for all students from Year 2 onwards (Year 1 students can sign up in Term 3). Students are encouraged to take on new challenges, improve on the ones they enjoy and have strengths in and interact with students, other than their classmates.  The overall aim of the programme is to develop their self confidence and personal experiences. Participation in ECAs for Sixth Form students can count towards their AQA Baccalaureate scores.

Registration

Registration takes places at the start of each of the three terms via our online activity portal (CHQ), access to which will be given to parents when their child’s place at the school has been confirmed.  If you have any specific questions on the ECA programme please contact the Admissions team.

Current parents can access the CHQ portal.

Timing

Most activities are held on the School premises at the end of the school day and activity buses are available to take students home when they finish.

A number of clubs are run during lunch break, are by invitation only or go on longer than other activities. Examples include, sports teams training sessions, music ensembles, Secondary School production rehearsals and tour choir rehearsals.

Fees

Many activities are run by teachers which are free of charge and some are run by parent volunteers, such as Brownies and Guides, so fees are low. Some specialist clubs run by outside companies such as Inline Skating and Capoeira charge a fee.