|
|
PromoImg
News
Find Out More
PromoImg
Media Galleries
Find Out More
PromoImg
Trips
Find Out More
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
Cultural Days
I’m more confident academically and much more culturally aware having been to Alice Smith School
Lewis, Year 9

We value the similarities and differences each person’s heritage brings to our lives.

At Alice Smith School, there has always been an emphasis on ensuring our students are aware of, understand and appreciate the rich and diverse cultures of Malaysia. The school’s own student population is made up of over 50 nationalities creating a wonderful multicultural environment and a multitude of friendships with students from all over the world. 

Each year, the Primary Campus celebrate key events in the national calendar such as Hari Raya, Chinese New Year, Deepavali and Christmas by learning about the significance of each festival through dressing up in colourful costumes, sampling different foods and participating in cultural performances.

All nationalities are celebrated at the annual International Week at the Secondary Campus, where all students don their own national dress, participate in learning activities from all over the world and enjoy an international food festival.

The British heritage of the school is also recognised and celebrated on special occasions. During the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, students enjoyed a giant street party, dressed and decorated in red, white and blue. 

Our previous Director of School, Mrs Val Thomas-Peter was invited to meet the Duke and
Duchess of Cambridge on their visit to Malaysia 
as part of the Diamond Jubilee celebrations.

Lewis, Year 9