|
|
PromoImg
The Arts
Find Out More
PromoImg
Art Gallery
Find Out More
PromoImg
Drama KS 3&4
Find Out More
HdImage
Drama & Theatre Studies

The content of the Edexcel A Level in Drama and Theatre Studies is specified within an open framework.

This framework provides a balance across a range of learning activities. This specification combines the activities of exploring plays, creating theatre, the performing of plays, the analysis of theatre and the critical evaluation of all these elements. Students successfully completing the course will have a thorough understanding of drama and theatre, highly toned analytical and creative skills and an ability to communicate effectively with others.

Course Requirements

Students are required to attend a range of theatre activities in order to appreciate the artistic aspects of the craft.  They will also be required to dedicate additional time for rehearsals and preparation of practical performances.

Due to the practical nature of this course, we would like a group of at least five students, but the minimum number of students stipulated by Edexcel is three; below which the course becomes untenable to run in that particular year. 

Opportunities

The AS and A Level can lead to degrees in higher education in Drama, Theatre Studies and Performing Arts.  It can be used as part of your course to broaden your studies and may lead on to a career in the performing arts industries. The subject complements other course choices well and is useful in building confidence and improving presentation skills in a range of careers.