|
|
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
Business & Economics
Industry is the soul of business and the keystone of prosperity
Charles Dickens

Business and Economics courses are popular at both IGCSE and A Level.  Approximately 60 students per year group are studying for the IGCSE in Business with three teaching groups in both Year 10 and Year 11.

At A Level we have one teaching group for Business although Economics is the main attraction featuring three teaching groups of approximately thirty students in total.

Business and Economics lessons use a blend of individual, paired and group work, together with data response articles through news, video and textbook formats to provoke discussion and understanding of the Business and Economic world we live in. Our students develop analytical skills to develop arguments about a certain topic, such as the benefits of Economic Growth. Evaluation skills are honed by way of counter arguments for topics, such as the negative impact of Economic Growth. 

The Business and Economics department is made up of five fully-qualified teachers who combine together to offer outstanding teaching and learning experiences. Students benefit from learning in high quality classrooms equipped with modern technologies.

In addition to Business and Economics lessons, the department has offered extra-curricular opportunities such as an Enterprise Club and the Student Investor Challenge to enrich students understanding.  We also enjoy regular guest speakers from Business Leaders and University Lecturers and take the opportunity to visit organisations such as Bank Negara during Wider Learning Days.  In June 2015, the department offered its first Business & Economics themed trip to Tokyo, Japan during trips week.

If you would like more information on the Business and Economics curriculums please request a Curriculum Guide here.

Charles Dickens