|
|
HdImage
Examinations, University & Careers Guidance

Examinations can be a stressful time for students.

The Alice Smith School offers support in a variety of ways: pastoral support is via the students’ form tutors who are able to provide individual advice and guidance to each of their tutees; study skills and revision aids are given through discrete sessions held on the Wider Learning Days throughout the year, particularly leading up to exam season; and academic support is offered via the students’ subject teachers, who use their subject specialism and expertise to provide specific examinations advice.

Careers Education

Careers education starts, informally at the Primary Campus but is extended on through Key Stage 3 and takes on a more formal structure in Key Stage 4 (KS4) and Key Stage 5 (Sixth Form). The use of ISCO (Independent Schools Careers Organisation) has created a very robust platform for us to build on in KS4, through the Morrisby test in Year 10 and the ‘one to one’ interviews in Year 11. Students then move into the Sixth Form Higher Education Programme in Years 12 and 13. The focus of our careers education now becomes higher education options and university entrance, with an Assistant Key Stage Leader, assisted by an Assistant key Stage Coordinator, specifically responsible for this. Significant time is invested on guidance during PSHE Education lessons and in Higher Education lessons, along with Wider Learning Days, all of which build up to key points in the Careers and Higher Education calendar.