|
|
PromoImg
Transition
Find Out More
PromoImg
Pastoral Team
Find Out More
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
New Students

We understand that to get very best from our school, students need to be fully immersed in it; and this should start as soon as possible.

The aim of our transition programme, whether for a sudden new entrant into Year 11, or for students coming up from the Primary Campus into Year 7, is to ensure every new student feels welcome and can immediately start to take advantage of what the school has to offer.

Buddies 

Every new student is given a ‘buddy’ to guide them on the basics of everyday school life at the Alice Smith School. These buddies are carefully chosen with the character of the incoming student taken carefully into account. This is achieved by making contact with the family before the child starts with us, and having the family complete a personal profile sheet which guides us in arranging for a seamless commencement. 

Settling In

Feedback on the student’s induction is given to parents by the Pastoral Team after several full weeks of school with comments from the tutor, the Pastoral Team and the subject teachers.  The tutor plays a vital role in ensuring a successful start, and being in regular contact with them provides the peace of mind and reassurance that parents need – we absolutely encourage this.