|
|
PromoImg
Virtual Tour
Find Out More
PromoImg
Bus Routes
Find Out More
PromoImg
Secondary
Find Out More
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
Transition to Secondary

As part of their preparation for secondary school, Year 6 take part on scheduled visits to our Secondary Campus at Equine Park over the course of their final year.  

Visits to the Secondary Campus 

First Transition Day
Usually held in November, this visit provides an informal opportunity to meet some of the students and staff and to become acquainted with the layout of the school. They also experience a range of language taster lessons, including French, Spanish and Mandarin, to help them choose their language subject choices for Year 7. The remainder of the day is spent working with Sixth Form Prefects, completing physical and mental challenges.

Second Transition Day
Scheduled in March, this visit focuses on a range of Creative Arts activities, including Music, Drama and Art, for students to appreciate the vast range of opportunities awaiting them as secondary students. The remainder of the day is spent working with our Year 7 School Council Representatives completing an Information Trail challenge.

Third & Fourth Transition Day 
In the third term, students experience two full consecutive days following a regular timetable. This gives them the opportunity to experience the bus journey and a variety of lessons such as English, Science, Humanities, DT, ICT, Mathematics and Physical Education. This visit also provides the opportunity for students to ask the current Year 7 students about their own experiences.

Throughout the year, there are also several information sessions and tours for parents of Year 6 children, outlining the curriculum and pastoral elements of transitioning to Secondary.