|
|
PromoImg
FAQs
Find Out More
PromoImg
News
Find Out More
PromoImg
Admissions
Find Out More
HdImage
Abbreviations Guide

Please click on a tab below to reveal the meaning behind the abbreviation:

CHQ

The online system used by parents to register their children for Extra-Curricular Activities at the start of each term.

Class Rep

Class representatives. A parent represents each class at the Primary Campus who helps the teacher coordinate parent support when needed during the year, welcomes newcomers, arranges social events for parents etc.

“The Deli”

The affectionate name for our cafe at the Primary Campus where parents can get together each morning for coffee.

ECAs

Extra-curricular activities are a wide range of clubs and activities run after school on the school premises for children from Year 1 to Year 13.

ELT

Executive Leadership Team (as WSLT and including Director of Administration, Director of Buildings and Director of Finance)

EP

The term used in relation to our Secondary Campus located in the area called Equine Park in Selangor, twenty kilometres south of Kuala Lumpur.

FOBISIA

Federation of British International Schools in Asia.

FROG

The teaching and learning computer system used by the school where teachers can share resources with each other and their students and parents can access information about their individual child’s progress, attendance and behaviour. Each teacher, student and parent is given a personalised, confidential login and password on joining the school.

ISAC

International Schools Athletic Conference.

JB

The term used in relation to our Primary Campus located on Jalan Bellamy, Kuala Lumpur.

KLASS

You will quickly come to recognise the acronym KLASS, especially at school sports events. It stands for Kuala Lumpur Alice Smith School.

KLASSics

The name of the Alice Smith School alumni association.

KLASS Times

Our weekly newsletter sent to parents informing them of upcoming events and news.

PTA

Parent Teacher Association made of up parent and teacher representatives who hold events for parents and students throughout the year.

SEASAC

South-East Asian Schools Athletic Conference.

WSLT

Whole School Leadership Team (Director of School, Principal Primary Campus, Principal Secondary Campus and Assistant Principals)

Year Rep

Year representatives. We have one or two parent representatives for each year group at the Secondary Campus who helps the school coordinate parent support when needed, welcome newcomers and arrange social events for parents etc.