|
|
PromoImg
News
Find Out More
PromoImg
History
Find Out More
PromoImg
Admissions
Find Out More
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
Building Developments

Good facilities are an integral component of an Alice Smith education.

By investing in good facilities, we help to create the right environment for current and future students to receive a holistic education, and attract and retains an excellent team of teachers.

With the support of an education planner, the Alice Smith School has devised a comprehensive master plan which will ensure that the school’s facilities and environment are evolving in line with the rapidly evolving teaching and learning requirements for the 21st century.  

New Projects 

New projects are being carefully phased in over the next five to seven years with some already completed. The Buildings team carefully plan around the academic calendar to ensure that the effect on day to day school life is minimised by the works taking place.

We are very excited about the next phase of facilities development at the Secondary Campus, Equine Park. Through our Master plan, we are committed to our school’s future development, raising our ambitions for quality and excellence as a regional and world leader for learning.

Pivotal to our vision for the future is that Alice Smith is a world class school environment for learning excellence for the 21st century. This next phase involves over 6,000 square meters of extensions in addition to refurbishment to the Humanities, Library & Sixth Form and Indoor Sports blocks. 

Construction commenced in December 2016. We are excited with the progress and the 16 month construction contract is scheduled to finish in April 2018, with the interior fitting out and furnishings completed in readiness for the start of the 2018 - 2019 academic year.

These improvements reflect our aspirations as a learning community, raising our ambitions for quality and excellence as a regional and world leader for education, reinforcing our vision that Alice Smith is a world class environment for learning excellence in the 21st century for current and future generations.  

Completed Projects 

These are just some examples of recently completed  projects that have enhanced the school environment.  

Secondary Campus 

This Sports Complex boasts world class track and field facilities enclosing a very high quality natural turf football field, an artificial surface for 5-aside field hockey (to international standards) and three futsal, tennis and netball courts. An additional multi-purpose grass playing area can accommodate a range of outdoor sports such as softball, T-ball, Touch Rugby, Football and Frisbee.

The 8-lane synthetic athletic running track is certified by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), with Alice Smith being the first international school in Malaysia and the third in the world to receive this standard of certification. Click here to view video.

The expanded and renovated main teaching block comprises a two-storey Science faculty with ten fully-equipped laboratories, dedicated teaching and learning areas for mathematics, English, modern foreign languages, learning support and administration areas and reception.

Primary Campus 
Finished projects include the Early Years Library, the three-storey Sports Centre, an all-weather astro turf and renovated Years 1 - 4 classrooms.

In December 2014, a Student Dining Hall and a One-Stop Centre for parents was established and awarded GOLD at the Malaysian Architecture Malaysia (PAM) Awards 2015. 

In June 2016, the centre was officially opened by HRH The Duke of York Prince Andrew and renamed the Jubilee Centre. The ground level Dining Hall is an open air, bright, modern and comfortable all-weather area with capacity for over 200 children, complete with a sunken play area. The upper floors house a parents' deli, administration offices for accounts and admissions, transport and catering offices, large meeting rooms, the uniform shop and a lovely roof garden for educational purposes.      

The much anticipated MEX (E20) highway at Seri Kembangan opened in December 2015, considerably reducing travelling time between our campuses and making these wonderful facilities accessible to all our students and our wider community.

Ensuring we provide the best learning and teaching environment we can, including facilities of this exceptional standard, is essential to our success. We are committed to helping our students reach their full potential and to developing them as well-rounded and confident individuals prepared to shape a better world.