|
|
PromoImg
News
Find Out More
PromoImg
Secondary Teachers
Find Out More
PromoImg
Recruitment
Find Out More
PromoImg
Primary Teachers
Find Out More
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
  • HdImage
Our Teachers
Professionally, the Alice Smith School is everything I wanted - and more
Mr Cottrell, Assistant Key Stage Leader, Year 2

Sharing the same teaching philosophy, our teachers shape the achievements and underpin the reputation of our school. 

The Alice Smith School’s teachers are a team of fully qualified, passionate professionals who genuinely care for each student and about fulfilling their potential, academically, ethically and personally. They work together to bring out the best in every student, helping them to discover, develop and celebrate their talents. They share in the belief of our 'not for profit' ethos where all surplus funds are used to invest in the education of our students and the school’s resources and facilities.

Our teachers "go the extra mile"  

Our standards for teachers are high and we expect them to commit time and energy above and beyond what has perhaps been expected of them at their previous schools. In the classroom, we expect them be able to differentiate their teaching to accommodate different learning styles and abilities. To facilitate this, we ensure they have the resources they require to be effective in their teaching and our favourable teacher to student ratios help to ensure our students successes, whatever their age or ability. Our teachers' involvement in school life stretches beyond the classroom and all of them give up time after school and at weekends to provide the fantastic range of opportunities, excursions and activities for our students.

UK qualified*  

The significance of the teachers in the ethos of our school is reflected in our stringent recruitment process where we commit a great deal of time and resources to ensure we make the right decisions. The school’s leadership team travel to the UK each year to interview short-listed teachers personally. All successful applicants must be fully qualified either with a UK teaching qualification or an internationally recognised equivalent* and be experienced in delivering the English National Curriculum either in the UK or in reputable British international schools. Consequently, the majority of our teachers are British (77%) but we also have teachers from Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Canada and specialist language teachers from Malaysia. 

A welcoming and supportive community  

We recognise that our teachers are special and we treat them well. We have the lowest turnover rate of teachers in the region and teaching posts at Alice Smith School are highly regarded and sought after. We are very experienced in helping teachers settle quickly into life in Malaysia so they can focus on their new teaching role. Teachers say the school is “just the right size” to enable them to get to know their colleagues well. They form a welcoming, friendly and supportive community for each other, both at school and where they live, as many live in the same area. 

They are proud to belong to the Alice Smith School and the students are proud of them.